Terms of Reference -Funding Officer
Maximize the generation of funds for Bridport Gig Rowing Club.
- Secure funding to enable the continuing growth of the BGRC.
- Take responsibility for all fundraising/sponsorship activities conducted on behalf of the Club.
- As a member of the Administration Committee contribute to the long-term planning for BGRC.
- Generate increased income from existing sources.
- Principal Accountabilities:
- Manage budget and financial goals for all fundraising activity.
- Lead any fundraising team volunteers and oversee the management and development of these fundraising volunteers.
- Supervise fundraising volunteers to ensure they operate in accordance with BGRC policies and procedures.
- Coach and develop fundraising volunteers to grow a solid base of volunteering in the club.
- Work with Board of Directors to agree strategies and to promote specific fundraising projects.
- Identify and research potential funding opportunities.
- Take responsibility for submission of grants applications.
- Develop proposals for projects that could attract new funding.
- Establish links with other voluntary and statutory bodies as required.
- Assist the BGRC committee in developing a three-year fundraising strategy.
- Build relationships with other Gig clubs fundraising officers.
- Liaise with the Communication Officer for profile-raising events and publications.
- Produce reports of current undertakings and opportunities for the Committee on a regular basis.
- Undertake other duties as required to ensure the proper functioning of the team.
- Update Board of Directors of short, medium, long term funding strategies.
- A member of the Administration Committee accountable to its chairperson.
- Regular and sustained income flow to BGRC to support its activities.