Terms of Reference -Club Secretary
- Monitor and manage the Club Secretary email to help enable the smooth running of the club.
- Act as a first point of contact for other gig clubs, CPGA, via the Club Secretary email.
- Manage all on water related correspondence from external bodies and to keep records of all BGRC correspondence.
- To pass on information sent to the Club Secretary email address to the relevant BGRC club officers and liaising with other clubs/CPGA where necessary.
- Support club captains, the Squad Management Team, General Management Team in their activities relating to on-water BGRC activities.
- Attend and participate in quarterly Rowing Committee meetings.
- Passing on information about regattas/events so that BGRC members and boats are in the right place at the right time.
- Liaising with all captains/SMT/GMT so that crews/boats can be entered for regattas and rowing events, both CPGA and externally organised.
- Liaising with other gig clubs when asked, with relation to borrowing other boats or if our boats used as loan boats.
- Complete and send shipping paperwork for IOS World Championships.
- Liaising with Treasurer so entry/shipping fees can be paid.
- Liaising with BGRC Membership Secretary and CPGA regarding updates, membership, GDPR statement and the contact details CPGA hold for BGRC.
- Send invitation docs/map to clubs for Bridport Regatta and fielding replies.
- Assist Rowing Captain/SMT with Jurassic League membership/participation.
- A member of the Rowing Committee and accountable to its chairperson.
- To maintain, manage and update BGRC records and correspondence.